16 August 2008

F.F.S.

Photobucket
Model : ZhengWei
Title : Freedom

It has been awhile since last post of crap...

I always find those Short-forms that I encountered while reading forums or playing DotA to be interesting. People often using them more than just a short-form of their original meanings. Some classical short-forms like: 'WTF' 'OMG' and 'LoL' should be well known enough. Yet the evolution of these short-forms will never end. From time to time, some unfamiliar short-forms will pop out from no where. Sometimes I don't even bother to check what they mean, because they are usually meaningless.

So I encountered this 'FFS' since I started playing DotA via Aussie server. Both Darryl, ZhengWei and me have no idea what's that mean, but we know that it's a term to scold people. Back in Malaysia, people usually use some dialect-translated short-forms like: 'CCB' 'MCB' and 'KNN'. ZhengWei always interpret it as 'F*ck F*ck S*ck' whenever he saw the word. Somehow I found it to be very funny, as I'll LoL everytime I try to pronounce it. Finally, someone told us that 'FFS' actually means 'For Fuck's Sake'. But I still prefer 'F*ck F*ck S*ck'...

The incident suddenly brought up some interesting short-forms that I know. 'ROFL' means 'Rolling On Floor Laughing' ; 'LuL' is not a typo of 'LoL' but meaning 'Lamely Uncomfortable Laugh' ; 'FTW' is not 'F*ck The What', but 'For The Win'.

*Oh, I learnt some short-forms off-Internet as well. 'NFAA' = 'Not Funny At All' - Lim Wei Yi


ps: Cannot connect to GG client anymore due to a bug which is fatal. No more DotA for good...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

still got 'gtg', 'brb', and 'bb'...

tc said...

still got stfu and gfy..

WhyWai said...

Aiya... want me list all meh... I dun used to make 'thesis-long post'... LoL

Still got H2FP

darryl said...

HAHA.. thesis long.. yaya..

my friends told me one new acronym too, used by chinese in australia:

NWS = no word say

WhyWai said...

Oh... then i create a new one:

NES - No Eye See XD

tc said...

NKKB - no kukubird

Anonymous said...

i;ve learn those many years back lo

any idea wat is roflmao ? XD

Joey said...

htc = hamsap thong chin

Post a Comment

Recent Responses