11 May 2012

I Quitted My First Job After Two Days

So I went Unisteel to start my first job in my life. But after two days, I regretted and decided to quit the job. Yes, it is impulsive and immature. I always believed that I will be more fond to raw material process than product assembly because assembly seem very monotonous and processing is more technical.

But after two days in Unisteel, I realised that I am wrong. I don't understand myself enough. For someone who has been living in a greenhouse, process environment is too hard to getting used to. Call me racist, furthermore being a lone Chinese in the whole department made me felt worst. I compared the job with the experience as intern in Flextronics which do product assembly, I decided to pursue the route of assembly field.

I don't know if my act was rational thinking, or I am too picky and refuse to face the hardship as an adult regardless what job I get. But I gave myself a chance. I have regretful moments in life because afraid to act and I hope this is not another time.

Luckily right after I resigned from my Unisteel, my brother's friend brought good news from Panasonic that the mechanical manager has approved me and submitted to HR. I guess I still need to get approval from Singapore's Minister of Manpower because the Panasonic still yet to give me a call. But it's a step forward. On the other hand, surprisingly Sony Singapore also called me 5 weeks after my resume submission. It's a manufacturing job, but it has me excited enough to work in Singapore and more importantly working for Sony being a fan of the brand. Besides that, I still have another interview appointment in Dyson Malaysia which is well know to be a good company.

Afterall I am really a fortunate person to have these opportunity. And again, hopefully Panasonic will call me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Responses