01 April 2010

Fake Controller

Photobucket

Few days ago, I received my purchase of PS3 controller that I bought from ebay in hope that I can share some fun playing PS3 with ZhengWei, Darryl and other friends.

But the excitement soon worn off as I discovered the controller is missing Dualshock3 label, which is Sony trademark for their controller. I researched in internet and identified that, it isn't a genuine product. It's a fake!

Hence, I contacted the ebay seller and was surprised that he told me it's stated a fake in the description. I read the description again, and yes it is. I felt nothing but how naive I am. Well... Despite the unreasonable cheap price, what I hope for? 40AUD is 60% cheaper than Australia retail and 40% of Malaysia's. I was just ignoring this fact and hope for the best that it will be a recon. Frog won't jump around the street, lesson learned again.

At least, the controller is really a masterpiece of fake. Equivalent the Grade AA LV handbag that need authority to buy *claimed*. I don't really mind if this cheaper alternative works well for me.

However I came across a news while researching for fake controller that there was an apocalypse for fake controller a year ago. Where all fake controller malfunction because of the firmware 3.0 update. From what I see, my controller should be the improved 2nd generation fakes. This really makes me worry my controller will die one day.

There will be a firmware update today... Hope my controller can last a year or two to fulfill his life span...

ps: Thank you ZhengWei from sharing half of the controller cost. You should really play PS3 more with me to make ur 20 bucks worthy.

1 comment:

Genieve said...

ei, ZW shared, then must play more. sorry ZW.

Post a Comment

Recent Responses